Monday, February 27, 2012

And the Winner Is...

The award for best effort at not gorging on snack food goes to...


Yesterday was supposed to be a jam-packed day for me TV/Internet-wise. I love NASCAR. There I said it. Shut up. So the Daytona 500 was scheduled for yesterday, but due to rain, no dice. Then there was of course, The Oscars which always manages to make me feel like a beached whale, jealously admiring the fit figures of the celebs. This year was no exception. Also, the Bloggies winners were announced and because I'm with Band Back Together, I was nervously awaiting to see if we won any of our three nominated categories. We did not. Next year, Bandmates!

Between these three events that I adore no matter how much people put them down, I expected to sit on the couch and eat... and eat... and eat. What?? Look I realize I have been not doing the best with this whole weight loss thing, but sometimes there are certain events that just go with food. Let's take them one at a time shall we?

The Great American Race. Image from wbrz.com
1. The Daytona 500: NASCAR y'all. I've only been a fan since I met the husband back in 2008. He's a big fan so like the awesome chick I am, I learned about it so that I wouldn't end up being a NASCAR widow during the races. I wholly expected to hate it, but I cannot get enough of the speed! The rivalries, the crashes, the roar of the engines... I love it! I did really well at the grocery store and only purchased some peanuts instead of the potato chips and nacho fixin's I was secretly craving. Not too shabby right? High five!

Maybe next year.

2. The Bloggies: This is my first year as a blogger (I started in December 2011) and my personal blog wasn't a final nominee for any Bloggies (dammit!) but I'm with The Band and so I was nominated as a member of Band Back Together in three categories. Woohoo! I had forgotten that the winners were being announced yesterday, so I dodged the nervous eating bullet by not buying anything to nosh on while anxiously awaiting our fate. Sort of...

One day I'm gonna take you home with me, Golden Boy.


3. The Oscars: If ever a TV program could bring up every single body issue I have or have ever had, it is  The Academy Awards. Hey gorgeous celebrities? Yeah you look fabulous. Meanwhile, I'm on the couch in my coffee stained nightgown and mismatched teddy bear pajama pants eating half a pint of Starbuck's coffee ice cream with Hershey's syrup. Ugh. Okay so it's not their fault that I'm in this pitiful position, but if I don't blame them and their perfectly toned bodies, I would have to blame myself and I'm not gonna do that. Maybe I will tomorrow, but not today.

Hello, old friend.

So as you can see, I could have done worse. I could have done a lot better and not eaten the delectable frozen treat, but plain coffee ice cream and chocolate syrup isn't that bad. I promise you this darlings, this week I'll not have the frosty treat... because I already ate it all.


Despite that slip up, I have lost a pound so yay me! We're all winners for various reasons today, but the best reason is because we haven't stopped trying. Congratulations to everyone (including me) for not giving up!

8 comments:

  1. You can't deprive yourself ALL the time. I think special occasions are a good time to treat yourself.. in moderation. And it looks like that's exactly what you did. So good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! I agree. A little treat is a good thing. It was a reeeaaallly yummy thing. Haha!

      Delete
  2. Oh yeah, I felt the irony as I was eating my butter baked potato with sour cream and my steak covered in a butter concoction shaking my head that Angelina was so skinny now. Ugh.

    Good going on grocery shopping without a major disaster! And hey, everyone should have a cheat day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I'm one of the few people that isn't an Angelina Jolie fan. She just rubs me the wrong way. I also agree that she has gotten too thin. Last night I was on Twitter reading all of the Angelina insults and almost got swept up in that myself because she truly looked skeletal, but then I stopped and thought that me saying something mean spirited about her weight is no different than people saying mean spirited things about me or anyone else overweight. I felt horrible for even thinking about saying something. Overly thin people feel just as bad when people say things about their weight too. I'm getting better at realizing that and for that I am truly thankful because that means that I am growing as a human being. So, I hope Angie isn't sick and that she is able to put some pounds back on so that she is healthy.

      Thanks doll! And thank you for your kindness the other day :)

      Delete
  3. You forgot a wedding. :-)

    And the reason I say that is because I was freakin STARVING after I got married and may (or may not!) have possibily nom nomed and entire tray of appetizer's with my bridesmaid. And the main course. And cake. And wine. And it was sooooooooooooooooooooooo good. Every little bit of it was a bite into heaven. Which is probably why I ate so much so fast.

    At least it was a good day, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good day! Events are absolutely tied with food and that's okay!

      Delete
  4. Thank you! I bought healthy stuff at the grocery so I should be set for the week.

    I almost forgot! That pound I lost? His name is Arthur. Bye bye, Arthur! Hopefully I'll kick another of his little friends off the ol' hips this week too. I shall name the next one...hmm...Gordon! You're next, Gordon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go on the pound lost! Wohoo!

    I dvr'd the Oscars but haven't watched them yet, so I haven't faced the admiring-celebrities-whilst-hating-my-fat-whilst-eating-doritos yet. Maybe tonight...

    I don't watch Nascar, but bummer about it being rained out.

    ReplyDelete