Monday, April 9, 2012

Chronic Pain, Repeat Gain & Loss, and Support

Who knew? source
I don't have much to report today. I'm ashamed that I keep losing and gaining the same 5-8 pounds. I need to get more focused and I need to exercise. I can work on the focus, but the exercise is something I can't physically do right now unfortunately.



Between my CRPS and this Vitamin D deficiency kicking my ass with serious pain, I simply can't exercise. There are times I can barely walk at all. So what's a chunky girl to do? Keep working on her diet, that's what. I promise to keep trying if y'all promise to stick with me through this rough patch. Here is a list of reasons for you to hang in there with me:


  • I'm funny as fuck. Well, I think so anyway. Who the hell else names the pounds they lose AND their inner chunky and skinny girls. I say no one, that's who. Boom.
  • I can use all the support I can get. I'm horrible at keeping on track with a lot of things including not pigging out on sweets. Is it my fault that chocolate and pie are so damn delicious?
  • I'd do it for you! I am by nature a very supportive person. I think it has something to do with being a woman and chronic illness sufferer. I get it.
So there you have it. If this list didn't convince you, well then I don't know what will, people. I hope everyone had a great weekend and Easter if you celebrate the holiday. Much love to you all and I promise to do better.

7 comments:

  1. Two words for you, ma'am: Food diary. Google it.

    In all seriousness, you cannot beat yourself up. There are setbacks in this wonderful weight loss journey. Did I mention that during my awesome weekend I went to a buffet with my family and pigged out on duck potstickers? Yes, I did. And I did it with no regrets. I just wrote it all down. It was ugly, but it was the truth.

    I'm such a huge fan of the food diary way of dieting that I'm ready to scream it out from the highest mountaintop.

    A big part of weight loss is also activity, but there's not much you can do about that if you're in serious pain. :-(

    Have you tried pilates? I've heard that works wonders. Never tried it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. I need a food diary. Why can't I ever remember to do that? Oh yeah...CRPS mush brain. Haha!

      I can't really do Pilates because it requires some moves that put weight on the hands/wrist/arms. Some of it is doable, but not all of it unfortunately. Swimming is what I really need to do. Low-impact on the joints and no pressure on the hands/wrists. The problem is that I don't have a pool and it costs a fortune to go to a gym or the YMCA. I am trying to figure out a way to do that though.

      Delete
  2. You ARE funny as fuck, and I know you can do this! Just because you aren't exercising in the traditional way doesn't mean you aren't - shopping for paint and decor for your house, and painting all count!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I have a severe vitamin D deficiency too, I'm right there with you. I stopped taking my prescription vitamins though until I go to the doc and make sure it's ok to blast my grape with vitamin D right now.

    And hey, at least you're losing and gaining the same few pounds and not just gaining and gaining and gaining. That's a bonus! BTW, I have plans for a chocolate shake in a hour or so and I have regrets already but I am weak and I will be eating it. Drinking it? Consuming it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop worring about what you eat and enjoy life don't over eat and go nuts with junk food and remember to drink lots of water.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't need to give us a list of reasons to stick with you. We all love you already!

    Don't fret about the 5-8 pounds right now. Deal with the pain and the deficiency, and then focus on the pounds. You can still eat right in the meantime.

    It's that chocolate. I blame the chocolate. DAMN all the chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Use social media along with your resume writing.playbazaar Social media is a hot topic, so demonstrate you have those skills.satta king

    ReplyDelete