Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I've been ignoring the scale..

...pretty much since I last wrote about breaking up with the scale. That was what, two weeks ago? I hopped on the scale this morning and I was up maybe one pound since I last weighed myself, which all in all is not too bad I think. The jeans I recently moved into the "wear" drawer are still fitting.

I've been paying attention to how my body actually looks when I go to my kickboxing class and I think I am still slimming to some extent. I've just been thinking that I'm really not that uncomfortable with the size I am at currently. My reasons stem more from the fact that I had put some of the initial 65 that I had lost back in the day and I am scared shitless of gaining it all back. And that I just kind of want my clothes to fit. That, I am getting closer to. But I feel happier when I'm not constantly thinking about everything I eat.

There are still things I need to do, however.

  • Keep active. I can't slack on that shit. The more active I keep, the less I will have to think about food all the damn time.
  • Keep cognizant of my reasons for eating. Make sure when I eat it's because I'm hungry, not because I'm bored or sad or pissed off.
  • Recognize my hunger signals and recognize when I am full. Let go of the idea that I must clean my plate Every Time.
  • Keep trying to make better choices. Don't neglect my fruits and veggies. Meal plan and such. 
  • Make sure when I eat it's worth it.. As the line in Ratatouille goes "I don't like food, I love food and if I don't love it, I don't swallow." which essentially means if I'm going to have treats on occasion, make them good treats, not processed crap. 
These are things I can do to make sure I don't fall back into really bad old habits.

But as far as the weighing and the tracking and the self-flagellating every damn time I have a cookie (or a Lemon Poppyseed Muffin from Timmie's... Holy crap, crack in delicious fluffy yellow form) I'm just not sure I can do it anymore.

10 comments:

  1. Self-flagellating really doesn't do much good anyway. If you're going to give up something, that's a good choice. Sounds like you're finding a good perspective. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you're comfortable with yourself. Also, the self-flaggellating thing- you should never do that to yourself anyways- so I'm glad you've stopped doing that.

    You're doing awesome- and that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm bad about self-flagellating myself, so I get that, but it's certainly not a good practice. Your list is something I think everyone should pay attention to, I know I should. I'm so proud of you and how much progress you've made. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "make them good treats, not processed crap."

    uh, yeah, that is how I gained 20 pounds on my semester in France. Great strategy in theory, not so great when handmade profiteroles and eclairs are staring you down.

    best,
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the idea is still to keep moderation in mind.. but if I'm going to treat myself I'd rather have a really amazing fresh-made bakery donut and have it be totally worth it, than have a crappy Tim Hortons donut and find myself going 'Ugh.. did I even really enjoy that?'

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A useful tip for anyone interested in improving satta king play bazaar their memory is to regularly work on solving word puzzles and similar types of games.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only shop at online retail sites that you trust. It is all too easy for someone to just create a storefront on the web with some product information to sell merchandise. Do some research on the retailer's reputation before you provide any credit card information. This will help you avoid any scams out there. play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you now been looking desperately searching for employment for weeks or even years? It can be hard not finding a job,
    playbazaar especially if you were let go from the previous job. The following article will give you to do just that.
    satta king

    ReplyDelete
  9. you may not end up staying positive throughout the process and giving up before you have fully healed yourself. satta king

    ReplyDelete